First Assignment
I have got four ideas for my first Assignment in
Architecture Design Studio 4. I have tried my best to explore my client so that
I can design a house that suitable for her. I found out her daily activities so
that I know what she need in the house. I used the same concept to design 4
different design which depends on my client.
Concept
From what I know, people always drop hairs if they think too
much. I have got inspired from hair and I used this concept to design all my
ideas. I find hairs are very soft and it could be any shape. The forms created are
very organic and random. Hairs are very inconsistent influencing my idea to be much
unexpected. This time is my first time to challenge organic form and I find it
is very hard in terms of the space arrangement. Organic forms always waste some
space at the corner of the house. The whole material to design all my ideas are
timber slits because timber can be bending into any shapes and it applies well
in my concept.
First Design
My first Design is a house that without any door structure.
The whole house has been divided into two spaces. The smaller part is a garden
that Lavina could do some painting over there. I also created a good
circulation for her to walk while she is thinking. There’s no door for the
entrance of her bedroom. However, I created a wall from ceiling and there is an
opening 1.4m from the floor that could let Lavina walk through by just bending
herself. It creates a very protective and comfortable feeling for her. I
designed the fridge to fit at the corner so that I am not wasting too much
space.
Second Design
I
want my second idea gets a very good source of Sunlight. There’s a void right
at the middle of the structure so that Lavina can absorbe good source of
Sunlight while she is in her bed. Other than that, she can do some star gazing
as well at night. I designed a a good circle at the other space for her to put
her painting on the wall. Tuition can be done at that space and students are
going to be impressed by her paintings.
Third Design
I was trying to use the hair motion to immitate a hand that trying to hold Lavina. From the second perspective from above, you can see the whole structure looks like having two hands doing the hugging motion. The message has conveyed succesfully but the roof need a collumn to support which is making the whole design weird.
Fourth Design
This the last idea i have got designed. I'm trying to illustrate an angel wing so that she could protect Lavina well. The "wing" actually became the wall and the entrance at the same times which creates a very good facade as we can see from the first camera shots. I am very happy with this idea because the arrangement of space is very easy and neat somehow creates a very good flow from the entrance to the end.












No comments:
Post a Comment